Microsoft Exchange Alternative
Looking for good Microsoft Exchange alternatives? Consider Cryoserver. See how these two email archiving solutions compare side by side.
While Microsoft 365 (“Office 365”) has many attractions, secure email archiving isn’t one of them. Cryoserver offers a superior alternative to Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving. It works with Office 365, ensuring the security, and compliance of your archive. Office 365 & Cryoserver are simply better together.
As an email archiving specialist, Cryoserver has spent many years developing and improving a best-of-breed solution - one that provides you with:
- An evidential email repository
- A forensic, tamper-evident archive, giving you maximum control of sensitive data with role-based access and audit trails (our customers rave about these)
- A stringent review process for SAR and FOI requests
- More ways to find what you’re looking for, including a facility that enables searches based on spelling mistakes (words that look or sound similar)
Particular areas where Cryoserver beats Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving include:
- Security - you have no reason to trust Microsoft to protect your data. Check your Microsoft Service Agreement (part 6b): “In the event of an outage, you may not be able to retrieve Your Content or Data that you’ve stored.” Microsoft won’t accept liability. Not a problem with Cryoserver: our solution is independent of Microsoft 365.
- Compliance - Exchange Online Archiving is not compliant with regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley (U.S.), PCI and SEC (U.S.) and GDPR (EU). Users can modify emails, either accidentally or maliciously. In contrast, Cryoserver is compliant. Emails archived with us cannot be altered.
- Speed of search and retrieval - Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving is slow, while our average search query time is only 2.3 seconds (through 5 years’ of emails)
- Capacity - Microsoft offers you only 50 GB of storage space. If you need more, you will have to pay for it.
Microsoft Exchange compared to Cryoserver
Microsoft ExchangeEmail Archiving
|What it is?||Exchange Online Archiving assists organisations with their archiving, compliance, regulatory, and eDiscovery challenges while simplifying on-premises infrastructure, and thereby reducing costs and easing IT burdens.||A best-of-breed email archiving solution. Independent of your mail server, it stores a copy of all emails sent and received in a tamper-evident archive. It turns this data into a useful repository for everyday use.|
|Speed||Slower than many third party platforms||2-3 Seconds|
|Pricing||£3 user / month||Low/Moderate|
Switching to Cryoserver
Now you’ve read about the advantages of our email archiving alternative, ask us about switching to Cryoserver. As our customers tell us, we make moving to Cryoserver easy. If you’re still thinking about it, book a free 14-day trial. Or if you have a question, our archiving experts would be pleased to help you.